Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

I have a Canon 650D and am looking at software to control it and process images.

I came across Backyard EOS, has anyone used it? If so what is your opinion?

Excellent software for Canon DSLR control. Gives you total control over your camera and with liveview aids focusing and framing as well as automating shots.

When I am back off my travels next week I will try the 30 day trial, it seems to get good reviews and looks simple to use...which for a an IT Technopeasant like myself is ideal.

There is also APT ( http://www.ideiki.com/astro/Default.aspx )

Having tried both I stuck with this one , but there's very little to choose between them I just preferred the 'feel' of APT.

P.S. It doesn't have a trial period as such but is free indefinitely with a slightly reduced functionality compared to the full version , which is only a tenner or so.

Another vote for Backyard EOS. I haven't been using it for long, but I've found it to be great so far.

I have both and use either of them depending which device I am running the software on it's just my opinion but Backyard EOS interface seems to scale better on smaller displays but once you have learnt your way around APT then that's perfectly useable as well ... Like Steve said download both and try them and see which works best for you...

I have a Canon 650D and am looking at software to control it and process images.

I came across Backyard EOS, has anyone used it? If so what is your opinion?

Hi,

Try APT and Backyard EOS and c which one you like betterI like the APT, it is only 12 euros and has a lot of goodies.

A.G

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By adder001
      Canon EOS 1300D ,  Comes with lenses 18-55mm and 75-300mm zoom and strap.
      Also Remote control shutter/intervalometer for creating self portrait or time lapse etc.
      Non Smoking Household. perfect condition, kept in case when not in use.

£300 REDUCED
      Location Bolton, North West England. Collection or I can do local delivery in person. I would prefer this as postage would be expensive also the risk of damage in transit. If needed then I estimate around £15 due to size and amount of items if sent by courier.

• By Ahgii
      Hello, i got my Cannon 750D few days, and im thinking of buying some adapters so i can connect it to my telescope. Will a T2/1.25 eyepiece projection adapter and a T2/EOS adapter enable me to connect the 2 together? Also im wondering why a piece of plastic and some metal is so expensive :)))).       -Ahgi, Clear skies!
    • By jambouk
      Is there an adapter which goes from a Mak visual back (SW 150 Mak) to T2 to allow an EOS DSLR with an "EOS to T2 ring" to attach directly, or is it best to get a Mak to 2" adapter (which we have) and just get a 2" nose piece for the EOS ring?
      I want to keep it all 2" and not 1.25".
      James

• By Barrilles
      I thought I would share this design.   I needed a house for the 6 inch Mak Cas on a pier.  I wanted it bug proof and I wanted a sitting area near the scope that I could warm.  Some wind block would be nice.  After reviewing a lot of roll off roof designs I went with a roll off building instead. It rolls to the west, where trees would otherwise block the sky.  I am clear to the south, and the house blocks a bit to the north.  The 5 by 10 building was built to roll on 6 casters on top of square steel tracks. There is a 3 by 5 warm room in the back. The floor is steel for rigidity, while the building is normal 2x construction with hardie exterior to match the house.  Its a bit heavy to push by hand, so we added a bicycle crank set to move it along. The bicycle frame is inside, with a very narrow slot in the floor for the chain.  I have yet to install the electrical as winter came and slowed down construction.  So far, no rodents, wasps, bats or other guests have been able to move in. Enjoy.

• By Demonperformer
      In preparation for the 1600, I ordered an EOS adapter from FLO, which duly arrived. Having attached it to one of my canon lenses, there appeared to be no way of removing it [There are no instructions included]! There is a small silver screw on the side, which seemed to do nothing no matter how hard I pressed it, or even completely removed it. After an afternoon of emails back and forth with Steve, he came up with the answer. This screw is pushed away from the lens (acting like a small lever rather than a button) to release the lens.
      Great support from FLO, and am posting in case anyone runs into similar problems - even though, the fact that Steve had apparently not encountered this query from customers before, presumably means this will be of benefit only to those as extraordinarily-mechanically-inept as I am!.
      Thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.