Just a crazy idea, but still tempting

I am very much tempted to get another MaxVision 24mm EP 68 deg, for future use in a pair of MASSIVE binoculars. Being able to get them so cheaply is slightly derailing my plan to extend/mod the H-alpha side of things, but the temptation is great. Has anybody else considered using these in binoviewers or the like? The diameter is certainly small enough for my eyes (72mm apart, so I can get away with a lot :bino1: )

As far as I know a pair of matched eyepieces should do just fine. I've seen similar examples with Baader Hyperion and Baader Zoom EPs.

Plus, I think the Maxvision are running out very quickly. I suggest you take the plunge while you still can :)

I guess as long as they physically fit and the inter pupil distance works for you then it should be fine. I have a pair of 24mm Panoptics which work very nicely :-)

Stu

I can JZuST get away with Pentax XWs in mine but it's tight.

What's the optical performance of these 24mm like?

The 24mm is very nice indeed. It now is my stock solar EP for finding and for studying fainter proms.

I have just pulled the trigger on a second one. If ever it disappoints, I can sell it at little loss, or give it to the kids permanently for their mini-Dob.

Archived