SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M16 The Eagle Nebula in NB with MN190 - WIP

Gina

lovely work there Gina. You have got a lovely 3d effect there with the pillars. Sods law with all this cracking weather we have been having, I am on a family holiday with no kit! We are of course having lovely weather here in Dorset, but...... -_-

Thyank you :) Commiserations on your situation - must be vexing in the extreme!! Even more than my equipment problems.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thyank you :) Commiserations on your situation - must be vexing in the extreme!! Even more than my equipment problems.
what makes things worse is that I have an Altair Astro 115 triplet sat at home waiting for a first light , with a reducer/flattener all spaced up and ready to go with my Atik 314L!

Looking much better than previous versions, the stars are much improved and a lot less noise. The only suggestion I can think of is maybe running noels "make stars smaller" action on the red channel.

That's a staggeringly beautiful image Gina. Absolutely lovely. Great to see such a wonderful progression. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you very much :)

Looking much better than previous versions, the stars are much improved and a lot less noise. The only suggestion I can think of is maybe running noels "make stars smaller" action on the red channel.

Thank you Rob :) I have just bought Noel's Actions so hoping to get it soon.

I checked the SII (red) stack and some of the stars are saturated so tonight (if all goes well) I'm reducing the exposure from 10m to 8m.

EDIT... Just looked in my email and have an email from them linking to the download web page. So I have now downloaded and been reading the ReadMe text file on how to install an use the Actions :)

It didn't go well last night - in fact it was a total disaster :( The clean-up I did earlier in the day has caused a problem with ASCOM and I'm getting errors when I try to connect AT and PHD to the ASCOM Telescope. CdC connects and works fine. EQMOD ASCOM is also fine both slewing and parking. I tried reinstalling ASCOM Platform 6 SP1 and EQMOD ASCOM but no joy. I gave up and closed down. I'll see if I can sort out the software later today.

I would be inclined to uninstall all ascom drivers, then ascom, reboot and reinstall in the correct order.

I'm sure i have had ascom problems with my own driver at one point and had to clean install it (most likely down to my software)

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk 2

AFAICT after a Windows update, uninstall ASCOM and reinstall ASCOM things seem to be working. Needs dark to be sure so roll on a nice clear dark sky :)

I've installed Noel's Actions and applied star reduction and a couple of other actions but I can't see any difference. Anyway, I'll post a "before and after" and that should tell if it's done much.

post-13131-0-84567200-1373479888_thumb.p post-13131-0-26281000-1373479747_thumb.p

Just a few subs captured last night. 3 x 5m Ha, 2 x OIII x 10M and 4 x 8m SII. The reduction in SII exposure has cured the red fringing on the stars :)

post-13131-0-97902400-1373576633_thumb.p

Archived