SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Moon, 25th June

JamesF

It's been a good couple of weeks since I last had the opportunity for any imaging, so given a clear night last night obviously I was up until stupid o'clock instead of going to bed at a reasonable time like any sensible chap does on a school night. Anyhow, thanks to the weather here's the closest I could manage to a "super" Moon.

moon-2013-06-25-small.png

120 frames of 1/200th @ ISO200, 450D & 127 Mak, preprocessed in PIPP and 45 stacked in Registax v6.

James

It was very tight indeed. Even with the HEQ5 in "lunar" tracking mode I had to tweak the alignment every dozen frames or so to correct the small amount of drift because there was so little space around the outside of the image.

James

Super moon indeed - well shot James. Tried myself last night, but the promised break in the clouds never really arrived down here and the seeing through the gaps we had was dreadfull. Hope tonight will be rather better!

Archived