SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sell everything and get a motorbike or keep persevering and throw a bit more money at it.

ncjunk

Bikes are fun.. once you spend half an hour getting into the gear then another half hour changing out.

Really hot in the sun in all the leathers, unless you are a 'jeans and T-shirt' rider..... but that is not very sensible unless you stick to 10 mph or enjoy spending time in A & E.

Astronomy is safer.... the gear won't depreciate at the rate a motorcycle does either!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bikes are fun.. once you spend half an hour getting into the gear then another half hour changing out.

Really hot in the sun in all the leathers, unless you are a 'jeans and T-shirt' rider..... but that is not very sensible unless you stick to 10 mph or enjoy spending time in A & E.

Astronomy is safer.... the gear won't depreciate at the rate a motorcycle does either!

I've always looked strange with all the protective gear on compared to the locals who don't. But then again i looked into the number of seconds various materials last sliding down the road and figured skin just doesnt last long enough for my liking :D

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk 2

Many moons ago.... One of my army mates was a serious mad biker (zzr, Z6r and a GSX750 turbo), one weekend on leave he rode his sisters pink honda chelly down for MOT and lost it on a mini roundabout in shorts and t shirt - the grazes were horrendous and he was picking gravel out of his thigh/backside many months afterwards. However, the physical scars were nothing compared to the mental abuse suffered after confiding in his mates ;)

I've got to say, debating astro-imaging rig versus a motorbike is an odd either/or choice :)

I sold my bike a couple of summers ago because the roads around here are boring, the drivers too slow, and the traffic lights too common. I miss it sometimes, but it wasn't worth the worth the hassle or money given how often I rode it.

Don't be disheartened by stuff not working in your obsy. I build things like that at work and, trust me, even when the budget is large still things go wrong. Whenever you're doing something like this there are issues that you have to work around. It's just how it goes. But eventually you do get it all going with the bugs worked out. It's worth it for that!

gearbox fail at 125mph that's scary good job you wasn't on a bend

This might have happened on one of the fastest roads in Cumbria*, on about the only straight bit in the road. A couple of miles down the road there are some mental bends...wide open sweepers that can be taken at over 100 leptons per parsec**. If it had happened there then I would still be bouncing. It sure gave me food for though for a day or two, let me tell you.

*Which, of course it didn't, ossifer.

**If you are so inclined that way. Which, of course, I am not.

Well after reading all the replies and thinking <ouch> figured i'd carry on with the mesu and its new controller and try and sort the eq6 out by putting the belt mod back on (that will sort out most of its problems)

I'll get a bmw f650gs after christmas :D

As someone just said to me, i probably just need to get some imaging time in. Best time of the year for astronomy here now (winters too cloudy).

It never ceases to amaze me how nice people are on this forum.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

Archived