Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

We are but a grain of sand

jeremy1

Its mind boggling.Where stuck here on this Pale Blue Dot,and the whole Universe beckons.What a challenge mankind face,s to reach even the closest star.I certainly wont see it happen,but I,m sure someone might,if the Earth survives that long.

Its mind boggling.Where stuck here on this Pale Blue Dot,and the whole Universe beckons.What a challenge mankind face,s to reach even the closest star.I certainly wont see it happen,but I,m sure someone might,if the Earth survives that long.

personally i think the real challenge is to get the human race to appreciate the planet we are living on.

at this point in history if we were given a machine to take us anywhere in the galaxy, we'd find the nearest planet

like Earth and start up our favourite past-times of littering, polluting & plundering natural resources with scant regard

for the indigenous life. i don't think we have the right to explore any other inhabited worlds until we've grown up and become responsible

stewards of our own Earth.

personally i think the real challenge is to get the human race to appreciate the planet we are living on.

at this point in history if we were given a machine to take us anywhere in the galaxy, we'd find the nearest planet

like Earth and start up our favourite past-times of littering, polluting & plundering natural resources with scant regard

for the indigenous life. i don't think we have the right to explore any other inhabited worlds until we've grown up and become responsible

stewards of our own Earth.

How long have you got!!

Let's stick to uninhabited worlds and get on with it!

get on with what exactly. we can't use technological progress as an excuse for destroying our own world.

protecting this planet should be the main priority for the near future.

Wow. I only started this thread as a size comparison with our planet and other heavenly bodies. :)

and look what you did .... :D but as I always think, as much as we like looking at all those heavenly bodies, our own is the most beautiful by far, so we must respect it first and foremost. In the end the planets in our solar system are pretty barren places. Mars looks like much like a desert, where you'd rather be :) Any other planet that may vaguely resemble our own is out of reach for now, at least with our current understanding of physics setting the rules with what we can and can't do.

Sorry about it getting into a dig about the human race Jeremy,but I,m all for space exploration.Its what we do,and what we are able to do, and there,s nothing wrong with that.We don't all set about trying to destroy this planet After all if wer,e not bothered about whats out there,in all its wonderment and amazement,why are we looking up there at all.

At the moment,we can only send Robots to the other bodies in the Solar System,and look what they have returned,pure science and a fascinating insight into the mechanics and workings of these different bodies.

The stars are travel for the distant future,and what a journey it will be.

Lets go there.

Personally I think the only way human life has any kind of chance of survival is if one day we manage to send DNA and amino acids to a habitable planet, we as human beings our selves have no chance of getting there, wormholes and black holes are not going to be the answer...just my opinion! Pretty much the same way we arrived here.....on a big rock that smashed into Earth......like I said though, just my opinion!

By all means look after this planet, but if we find others with no life then there should not be a problem with colonising them or exploiting their mineral content.

After all, there are an infinite number of stars, planets and universes.....

Personally I think the only way human life has any kind of chance of survival is if one day we manage to send DNA and amino acids to a habitable planet, we as human beings our selves have no chance of getting there, wormholes and black holes are not going to be the answer...just my opinion! Pretty much the same way we arrived here.....on a big rock that smashed into Earth......like I said though, just my opinion!

As Bungielad said best chance of reaching another planet is GODS Geonome Orchestrated Delivery System, give it a few billion years and hey presto....... :grin: LOL

Archived