Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ6 Motor gears: which gear is the DECs and which the RA?

ncjunk

Hi,

I stripped the EQ6 down ages ago but when I put it back together I mixed up the gears.

The gears are different sizes, 1 is 32 and the other 36. I have no idea if I have them the

right way around.

Can someone tell me whch is the dec gear and which is the RA.

I have a nasty feeling I have them mixed up and as I am selling the mount I want to make

sure it is 100% correct (I don´t want to pass on problems.

Thanks

Looking on the photos on astrobabys website the RA is the small one and the DEC is the large one.

If anyone could just confirm that (I really really don´t like selling things incorrectly configured!)

Thanks

If I had half a brain I´d be dangerous....found a load of pictures and the RA is 36 teeth the large one

the DEC is 32 and the small one.

Or as my head tells me, the one with the funny slot where the screw could slide off is 36 and the one

with two kind of rugby shaped screw holes is 32.

The upshot of an entire thread of one mans deluded slip into the sea of insanity, pausing to take a last breath

whilst the waves of er...whats it called...er..the waves of dementia lap over his head, is that I had the gears

correctly installed but that the RA was wobbly. Wobblyness has been unwobbled and backlash has been given a big slap

around the face.

sometimes I think it would be better if my keyboard was locked up in a high place out of reach and I was banned

from starting threads.

I´m off to sit in a corner to continue wittering to myself like a mad man whilst drinking a beer....

I wouldn't worry about it Neil :) Everybody knows I'm daft as a brush (weird expression) and I don't care :D Mind you when you've lived on this planet as long as I have you're well past caring - I just do my best to enjoy life.

Oh, as as for wittering/talking to myself, I've always done that even when I was a school :)

Thanks gina and george.

Got a little 120s pe that i'm trying to remove which should be the stepper shaft gear

So going to swop them over and see if the decs is better

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

Archived