Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Comet ISON update!

What I can't understand though, why was there was literally nothing in the live broadcast? I joked about it, but DID they move the camera the wrong way?

Hmmm, metric and imperial ? Oh no, we all have Babylonian degrees now, dont we ? :)

All things are poss. but perhaps just down to exposure control ? ( like I get my ISOs wrong frequently !! )

I mean the orbit has been known for quite a while in fine detail, but brightness estimates, in all wavelengths, has been the bummer.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

allcart "on record."
MKHACHFE "No we're not. iPads!"

Oh no ! You cant be Sirius as one celeb once said
I will pretend that y'all didnt say those :) :) lol!

Quite so Nogbad :) hehee

Sorry, I'll behave now,,,
back to this excelently wonderful thread and many thanks to all who have provided interesting and informative infos/links

Well done everyone.

Comet ISON is dead! Long live the Sun!

Well I for one, am celebrating the supreme power of the Sun. Comet ISON vapourised by our mighty star.

Whilst we all missed a great sight in our night skies, which is a shame, just contemplate the awesome force of what we take for granted - the giver and taker of life.

Unfortunately there is no buzz from any of the scientists any more, just us lot praying. Not getting hopes up on anymore images, its goneSent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Agreed, we are all getting caught up in the excitement and clutching at straws IMO

Archived