stargazine_ep45_banner.thumb.jpg.71f13bfceacd5e3df366d82c2b6f5f9b.jpg

This feed is incredible and invaluable. Such massive dissappoointment and now again optimism.... I hope were not let down again!

Wonder how much the comet has changed during perihelion?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1
  • Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As part of the NASA CIOC group I have been credited with being one of the first ( if not the first ) to spot ISON as it emerged from its encounter with the Sun! After a hectic night analyzing the real

One thing that has been absolutely incredible with ISON is the sense of the online community and that we could look at the data live at the same time as our professional peers. Sad ending, but it's be

Posted Images

Agreed - BBC Dampens down hope big time

"Telescopes saw the giant ball of ice and dust disappear behind the star, but only a dull streamer emerge.

Astronomers continue to search for the object, but it is almost certain the much vaunted "Comet of the Century" has gone out with a whimper.

Despite its great size, Ison was probably torn apart in the immense heat and tidal forces so close to the Sun.

Prof Tim O'Brien, associate director of Jodrell Bank, UK, said: "The nucleus has gone very faint, which you wouldn't expect.

"We can't be sure - but it's not looking good. We'll have to keep watching."

The BBC was pretty damning, is this simply fizzled remains?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

The BBC report was virtually unchanged except that it hinted there might be survivors. I don't think they have done a full rewrite yet - they are usually last with any news.