740427863_Terminatorchallenge.jpg.2f4cb93182b2ce715fac5aa75b0503c8.jpg

imaging beginner need advice

kalon

Hey ho, I started on the first step of having a bash at this asto-photograpy malarky and I am in need of some advice, Firstly I have a Nexstar 127 SLT, I recently bought a Sony A37k I know I need a t/t2 lens mount adaptor, is there anything else I need?

Thanks in advance for help :grin:

Hey ho, I started on the first step of having a bash at this asto-photograpy malarky and I am in need of some advice, Firstly I have a Nexstar 127 SLT, I recently bought a Sony A37k I know I need a t/t2 lens mount adaptor, is there anything else I need?

Thanks in advance for help :grin:

Hi ,

What is mount that you have and what type of imaging you want to do, 127 SLT is more suited to planetary imaging and some of the brighter Deep Sky Clusters if you a driven EQ mount.

A.G

Hi Mate!,

Call up First Light Optics, or Opticstar Ltd. Either will have a Sony T-Ring and a nosepiece. I am certain Opticstar keeps them. You have an Al-Az mount with your scope thus limiting your exposures to about 40seconds. This is because of the type of mount you have gives Field Rotation. But thats ok, just take multipl shots of 40s, say about a 100 of them, stack teh pics using Deep Sky Stacker and you will see results appear. Astro-Photography is completely different to day time photography. You hve to work real hard to extract data from your shots. Buy the book Making Every Photon Count, its very good for all you need to do.

All the best.