Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

lidl scope, what is it....

Said I would be back with naive questions ( sorry) but I need to know.

Read somewhere that this scope comes with a Barlow. I know this increases the magnification but there is no Barlow. It does come with an " image erector" 1x5.

Also read that the star diagonal reverses the image for astro. use. Now if this is the case , why not just remove the diagonal for terrestial use and not bother with the image erector.?

I am assuming that an eyepiece can be inserted without using the diagonal, is this the case?

Grateful for any advice.

Pete

A refractor without an image erector or diagonal gives you an upside-down image. A star diagonal (90 degrees) reverses left to right in this image, but leaves it upside down. Its purpose is to make viewing more comfortable. If you want to look straight through the tube without the diagonal, you can unscrew the lens from a barlow, and use the barlow tube to give you the extra length you will need, unless your focuser has a heck of a lot of travel. An image erector may be a lens, or a 45 degree diagonal.

You can look straight through a refractor, but your knees will tend to get muddy. Unless you have a very tall tripod.

Archived