Explore Scientific Focal Extender

Bart

Hello all

I wondered if i was to switch from a 2x Barlow to using a 2x Focal extender, would I be able to use the extender in my laser-barlow collimation step? or would I still need to use the barlow?

Thanks

Barry

TeleXtenders / Powermates / Focal Extenders don't seem to work for barlowed laser collimation because of the way their optical design and function differs from a barlow.

You could have just a cheapie barlow for collimation duties and a nice Focal Extender for observing though :smiley:

Thanks John, yes, maybe keep a cheapie Barlow for the Collimation, wouldn't like to lose that ability as its a handy quick method of getting very near the sweet spot

Cheers for info

Barry

Barry

Do you have to collimate every time you use or just now and then. My SC gets a tweak about onece a year whether it needs it or not. I always look at the afocal star to see how it is though. In truth I don't find any of my scope a problem.

Alan.

Alan

I collimate the 16" every time I use it, takes me no more than 3-4 minutes. I do the same with the 10" but find that fella rarely needs it. I just consider it part of the set up

Barry

Archived