Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Crescent Nebula your thoughts please.

It's a super image, you have some very nice star colour there and some nice hydrogen nebulosity starting to come through. My advice is go and get some more data, lots more, you can never have enough!

Everything's good, including star colour and depth. Again you have retained the background sky detail when so many black clip it out of the picture.

This is an object that really sings in Ha and OIII so to get it without a dedicated camera or filter is impressive.

Olly

http://ollypenrice.s...39556&k=FGgG233

I'm starting to agree which Model do you think?

I like Atik for quality at a good price. There is no free lunch in CCD camera buying so beware of anything that looks too good to be true. The chip is not the camera. Mono is more flexible and far better for adding narrowband. Cost generally goes up with chip size but the 8300 bucks that trend by being a decent size without being too costly. However it does not compete with the smaller Sony chips on sensitivity or noise. I've imaged with most of the Atik range over the last few years and liked all of them.

Olly

Archived