Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Canon DSLR mod

el ement

I,m contemplating using a modified DSLR for wide-field imaging.If anyone could give me their choice of Canon body to have modified and why they think their DSLR gives the best image data,it would help me decide.Chip size,pixel count/size etc are the important factors I,ll need to work out so it will perform well with refractors in the range of 60mm to 102ish thanks Tony

A modded Canon 1100d is what many would recommend you'd go for. Very good camera with Liveview to ease focusing and low noise. Some spectacular images have been taken with them. However, for my astro use I use a Modded 450d and have been doing for a year. Another superb camera. You wont go wrong with either.

Thanks for the advice.I was considering the 1100D as I,ve seen some of the results and as you said it has live - view

The Baader UV-R filter probably wouldn't be needed as this camera would only be used for astro work.Are these bodies SD

card storage or Compact flash?

Tony

Archived