Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M57 the outer halo

Avdhoeven

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, well done guys. Well done.

Collaboration is great. Bring it on. Working with 47 hours of data is very special and brings something new to the forums. This is a classic example.

Regarding the diff spikes, provided the scopes have their vanes aligned orthogonally (and isn't this how they are supplied?) they should align on the images.

Olly

Regarding the diff spikes, provided the scopes have their vanes aligned orthogonally (and isn't this how they are supplied?) they should align on the images.

That's correct. Problem is that I combined images from different sources where the camera's were at different angles, so the spikes don't combine perfectly. Because of the different angles also not exactly the same area was covered in all images, so that's why you see a few stars with a little bit different spikes.

Btw you are the first to see this :) I was wondering when the first person would notice ...

It was btw 104 hours by now :)

That's correct. Problem is that I combined images from different sources where the camera's were at different angles, so the spikes don't combine perfectly. Because of the different angles also not exactly the same area was covered in all images, so that's why you see a few stars with a little bit different spikes.

Btw you are the first to see this :) I was wondering when the first person would notice ...

It was btw 104 hours by now :)

Just to be quite clear, though, I think this image is perfect.

Olly

Speechless! Congratulations. It gives motivation to contribute to collaborative work!

Maybe something for a new special section in sgl for 'collaborative imaging' where people want working on joint project get together!

Archived