SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

How much do you think you have spent.....

leemanley

For me the cost of a material something is the amount of life put in to acquire that something in question. From this I substract the hours, days, months of pleasure that thing is giving me and the result is its cost for today. If I live for another day, the cost drops.

It is for this reason that what may appear 'expensive' may turn out in the long run to be very cheap and visa versa.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me the cost of a material something is the amount of life put in to acquire that something in question. From this I substract the hours, days, months of pleasure that thing is giving me and the result is its cost for today. If I live for another day, the cost drops.

It is for this reason that what may appear 'expensive' may turn out in the long run to be very cheap and visa versa.

Very, very true mate

Infuriatingly I havnt spent anythign yet! Well, apart from my daughters SW heritage minidob and a seben 2x barlow for her, so around £65... But Ive been using her scope for now too lol.

Im planning on a start up cost of around £400 on a 2nd hand skyliner 200p and a handful of decent extras (by decent I mean relatively cheap extras such as TMB ep's and a telrad). Also on the lookout for a reasonable pair of 10X50s, again 2nd hand or going cheap. Im having to sell stuff to raise the cash though so its taking long enough to drive me up the wall...

Over the past eight years about £5700 taking into account what I've bought and sold (unfortunately mostly bought!!!). Wish I hadn't read this thread now :sad:

That's a fair whack of shopping !

No wonder looking at your nice sig.....

• 2 weeks later...

That tells me I am content with what I have and so quite pleased with that :grin: :grin:

Hehe - spent a lot over the last 18 months, again in excess of 4 k. But like Bomberbaz I've reined in my spending in the last 6 months to virtually nothing. Unlike Bomberbaz, this only tells me I have run out of money.... :grin:.

We keep telling our son that when we go everything gets left to the dog's home.

I've got an image in my mind of all the daft mutts queuing up to take a look at the Dog Star through Ye Olde Fullerscope....

It doesn't even seem possible to buy children's shoes for much less than £30 a pair these days :( I wouldn't mind, but the rate my two are growing they never even manage to wear them out!

James

Archived