SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mars sketch

Cloudwatcher

The Steel Rat has had a whole Zone to himself for too long so I thought I'd post a sketch I did earlier.

Managed a peak at Mars with the Mak using a 5mm EP and could see quit a bit of detail so rather than set up the camera I tried a sketch for a change. This was on yellow paper using a 3B pencil and another which has no letters on it but there is a nice soft rubber on the end! :D The image has been scanned into photoshop and the background desaturated.

It looks rubbish at the moment but I will work on it in PS so watch this space. :(

CW

I have a great deal of admiration for anyone who has the will to peer at a planet for long periods, and faithfully place what is seen on to a sketch pad. It speaks volumes about that persons ability to be very objective about what they observe. I also think it is bound to lead to an acuteness of vision that does not readily come from casual viewing. There is a case in point for you CW, in the episode of L48's image of Saturn, when you picked out that little shadow hiding in the ring, which turned out to be the shadow the little moon Janus.

Coincidently, I have recently been looking at that again, when I visited L48's new web address.

I don't think Matt will object to having company in the sketch sector, in fact I am sure he will welcome the company, he must have been getting lonely in there all on his own. I hope this inspires others to attempt this activity, it has to be rewarding, and also will encourage the other observing skills to develop.

Nice work CW. I have difficulty holding a pencil, never mind drawing a picture. :(

Ron. :D

Well,thanks gents,your very kind but hey,you can tell the truth you know I wouldn't feel hurt.

Actually,the blood,sweat and tears was a teeny,weeny bit exaggerated! :(

You can probably tell that all I did to the original was darken the background,add a couple of photo filters and blur the whole lot some. Should have removed the smudges from around the outside first though. :D

Cheers

CW

Heh, thanks for the 'The Steel Rat' too :lol: heheheh.

There is only one Steel Rat and he can have his Zone back now! :D

Your friendly intruder. :)

CW

CW

An excellent sketch :embarassed:

Don't worry about adding to this thread I think it has only been SR & Mik who have added recent threads here mine are from waaay back :icon_jokercolor:

I have dug out my old mobile phone so I'm going to try and take a few pics in the near future

Cheers

Ian

Archived