Banner.jpg.692da9ed9af2eace53e1dc94cfc0e912.jpg

Daytime Moon

Pig

Celestron CPC 925 GPS :smiley:

Ive got to say I am so impressed with it :smiley:

Ive just performed the 2 star align option, I used Arcturus and Vega as the 2 stars, In then selected Saturn from the goto menu and it put it bang in the middle of the view :smiley: even using an 8mm eyepiece (287 magnification)

Edited by Pig

My daughter had a look at the moon in the daylight a few weeks ago. It's too late for her to stay up till dark now, she loved it, it's a fab sight x

Claire, I love the way kids react when they see the craters etc, it is a bonus that the moon can be viewed during the daytime so the little blighters can get to see it :grin:

Claire, I love the way kids react when they see the craters etc, it is a bonus that the moon can be viewed during the daytime so the little blighters can get to see it :grin:

Yes it's ace! My little one tells everyone she's seen the moon, was almost full too so she saw loads, summer astronomy is too late for little ones ( and too late for not so little ones sometimes) so anything they can see in the daytime is brilliant :-) x

• Like 1

The clouds cleared here for a few hours last night and I managed to see quite a few new objects, the blue snowball even came into view. I bet your little one would like that. :laugh:

• Like 1