SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Program's compatible with Windows 8

broadsword

Hi all, I'm about to invest in a laptop for astroimaging (camera control and processing) but I noticed all in the high street now come with Windows 8. Will my favourite programmes (Deep Sky Stacker, Gimp, Pixinsight) all run OK? I've looked on the web and seen mixed opinions.

I have all my astro software working fine on my Sony laptop running windows 8 atik capture software , phd,dss, eqmod ,imaging source dmk camera and software. Will admit I'm not bowled over with windows 8 its due a relaunch with some improvements and is a little strangely organised but soon got used to it

Thanks guys, looks promising.

I'm going for a new laptop rather than an old, Gina, as it will also be the family PC and it needs to have good longevity. Anyone have any sparkling recommendations in the range of £500?

Thanks guys, looks promising.

I'm going for a new laptop rather than an old, Gina, as it will also be the family PC and it needs to have good longevity. Anyone have any sparkling recommendations in the range of £500?

Acer Aspire E1-571. I just bought one new for 489 euros (£417) in PCWorld here in Dublin.It runs windows 8 which takes a bit of getting to find your way around but it has a desktop mode which most of us are familiar with. I went for the i5 processor over the i3 and a 750Gig HD rather then 500Gig

http://www.pcworld.i...r/314591/104.10

Archived