Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

new imaging kit !

leemanley

I usually admire people who can settle with a small yet nice rig, without getting carried away with a pile of equipment...like me for example :D

I can imagine you're ready to start imaging in few minutes. Ease of use is a crucial factor in deciding weather or not you can go out tonight. :)

Ease of use is a crucial factor in deciding weather or not you can go out tonight. :)

The miss spelling of "weather" in this instance, provides the perfect sentence.......... :grin:

The Opticstar scopes are gorgeous little things, the ED80 which I got about four months ago is the first refractor I have used. Having been used to viewing/imaging with my 200pds, the difference in field of view was remarkable !

The construction of these scopes is of a very high standard, the tubes are solid, the focusser smooth and with no play,(the ED80 is dual speed) I also like the look of them as said above the set-up looks neat and tidy.

So Todd, why do you hate the Synguider ? have you had bad experiences with one ?

I bought mine as an in-road to start guiding properly before I get carried away with laptops and mega bucks CCD's !

I believe they can be a bit of a faff but results are acheivable with a bit of patience, or so I'm told.....

All we need now is a few clear nights and I'll report how this kit behaves, well, I hope !

Look forward to seeing a review of the setup if you get chance . i've been in the shop a few times for other bits and bobs and found the staff very helpful and enthusiastic . Looked at the Opticstar Scopes in the past but didn't take the plunge as i struggled finding anything independent online regarding performance ( reviews ). Would agree that the build quality looked great for the price though.

Hi yes i had nothing but trouble with mine i also have a opticstar. 80mm gold frac for guide scope its great with the qhy5 but i just could not get the synguider to work i had 3 people come round and tey and get it to guide for more than 40 secs be for it sent mad , i sold it and the guybis getting 10 mon subs and great guideing

pat

Archived