Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I'm going to have to admit it

Joe_L

Since buying my first scope in Feb this year I've spend more time fiddling with wires, computers, software, checking things out on ebay, and drilling and filing bits of metal than actually observing anything.

I must apologise, it won't happen again.

Promise.

Maybe.

When I've finished these projects...

I've stopped buying ( for now anyway), going to concentrate on observing.

Avtar

Surly the other way round :tongue:

Maybe if I spend the summer months fiddling with bits and pieces then by the time we have dark skies in Spetember I'll be ready to observe? Any hope?

Since buying my first scope in Feb this year I've spend more time fiddling with wires, computers, software, checking things out on ebay, and drilling and filing bits of metal than actually observing anything.

I must apologise, it won't happen again.

Promise.

Maybe.

When I've finished these projects...

I like old school technology, it makes life easier, and works just as well.

I like old school technology, it makes life easier, and works just as well.

Don't get me started. I've just had a long conversation on another (non-astro) forum about valves (of the thermionic kind).

Strange how well they sit together so well... valve radios and telescopes. Old radios at one end of the shed. Telescopes at the other.

Having to sell of some radios each time there is an addition to astronomy section.. to make room and help fund the purchase!

Archived