Temptation

Pig

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that is an excellent way to do it. The sale is on for some time so that is not rushing you and I think it is good for you to get used to the 10mm, they do take a little bit of getting to know. Nothing serious just eye position, If I were to leave the lockable eyeguards in place it would be easier, but I tend to push them down to fit them back in the cases.

I hope you get some good weather with it.

Alan.

be interesting pig to hear your thoughts, so your buying a bgo with good eye relief and bigger fov, nice

Not sure about that !!!

Okies, I will let you know how I get on with it :grin:

I think that is an excellent way to do it. The sale is on for some time so that is not rushing you and I think it is good for you to get used to the 10mm, they do take a little bit of getting to know. Nothing serious just eye position, If I were to leave the lockable eyeguards in place it would be easier, but I tend to push them down to fit them back in the cases.

I hope you get some good weather with it.

Alan.

The weather should start clearing soon Alan :shocked:

The scope is real easy to set up, 5 mins max, so it shouldn't be a problem getting a couple of hours in :smiley:

amazing pig, very nice and so clear right accross the whole field of view, the first time i used it i didnt touch another ep all night due to it being mid power and i used it on every thing, also it looked so horny in my scope

Alan's right, 165x or so would be a great mag for globs, that are up in abundance at this time of year. However for a little extra you can get the ES100 in a 14mm

http://www.explorescientific.de/explore-scientific-100deg-eyepiece-14mm-p-22836.html?currency=GBP

Supposed to be very close to the Ethos, the wider sibling of the Delos. There must be someone in here using the extreme wides in a C9.25, but there is a chance for scope induced coma and field curvature...the field is supposed to be flatter in the C9.25 than the other SCTs, so the scope shouldn't make too much of a mess of it :eek::D

Alan's right, 165x or so would be a great mag for globs, that are up in abundance at this time of year. However for a little extra you can get the ES100 in a 14mm

http://www.exploresc...ml?currency=GBP

Supposed to be very close to the Ethos, the wider sibling of the Delos. There must be someone in here using the extreme wides in a C9.25, but there is a chance for scope induced coma and field curvature...the field is supposed to be flatter in the C9.25 than the other SCTs, so the scope shouldn't make too much of a mess of it :eek::D

LOL sounds like I need a new scope already :grin:

For planetary, does the Delos 10mm have much of an advantage over, say, Baader Hyperion 8mm? personally find the later very neat indeed.

Thats a fair question - what do you get for the additional £150 or so additional expenditure ?

Not having compared the two I'm not in a position to answer but some of the folks moving to the Delos eyepieces now will have no doubt used Hyperions too.

My guess is that the answer is improved light scatter control, contrast, sharpness, and a little more light transmission plus build quality. It will be interesting to see what others think though.

Charon

Picking up on Emadmoussas question I know the focal lengths are not the same as he was asking about but I see you have a Hyperion 10mm, how do you think they compair. I only ever had my hands on two, 5mm and the 21mm and I can't say that I was that lovestruck with them and that was in the days I only had Meades, I used to and still do have a few samples loned to me, never any TV's though.

Alan.

LOL sounds like I need a new scope already :grin:

I very much doubt that :cool: but if you regard the optical system as two halves... the eyepiece and the telescope... then it'd be unfair to keep upgrading one half without paying some attention to the other :evil:

Congratulation on your first Delos, I hope it don't get lonely without a brother. I am sure you will find it excellent in your scope, excellent in any scope come to that.

Alan.

Im sure it wont Alan - I took it to bed last night :smiley:

Congrats on your new EP! Hope you get first light soon :cool: It's been clear here every night recently, but last night it hammered it down with rain. Maybe just maybe it'll cut you a break :)

Its not been so bad here - I think as I am in almost the centre of the UK, I get clear viewing time a couple of times per week :embarassed:

Archived