Temptation

Pig

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 12mm as im sure you know is closest to your 200x, your making me grind my teeth and im not even buying one!

Yes - I know what you mean :grin:

I just had a wisdom tooth out today - not good, I never knew pain could be that painful :shocked:

200x is near the seeing limit so I think there will be 'more' nights you can use the 12 than the 10mm.

However, the two would be very close. It depends how you want to build your eyepiece collection. Since it looks like you have a 12 X-Cel LX already, I may go for the 10 Delos instead.

200x is near the seeing limit so I think there will be 'more' nights you can use the 12 than the 10mm.

However, the two would be very close. It depends how you want to build your eyepiece collection. Since it looks like you have a 12 X-Cel LX already, I may go for the 10 Delos instead.

Yes I was waiting for someone to say that :smiley: and 230 isn't that far from 200 :grin:

I just bought one for my 9.25 Edge HD. I picked the 10mm Delos but haven't tried it out yet. I'm in Prince Edward Island, Canada, but with all the rain lately it might as well be England! They cost $315 Canadian here. I figure you won't need the 12mm after you buy the 13 Ethos! Good luck with your choice.

Rick

I just bought one for my 9.25 Edge HD. I picked the 10mm Delos but haven't tried it out yet. I'm in Prince Edward Island, Canada, but with all the rain lately it might as well be England! They cost $315 Canadian here. I figure you won't need the 12mm after you buy the 13 Ethos! Good luck with your choice.

Rick

Thank you Rick - England is still the best :grin: rain or not

I think it will be the 10mm for me also :smiley:

Pig,

The only way to deal with temptation is it yield to it.

Buy both, Keith talks sense. If though you can only afford one I think I would go for the one that would get the most use, 12mm.

The 10mm is one hell of an eyepiece, I wish I had kept mine.

Alan

Pig,

Even with the 10mm I don't see you can go wrong, the only real issue being seeing. I would have thought at X230 though your were in the safe zone for most of the time. I had X360 on my 115mm refractor the other night and that was almost useable, for me that is really stretching the envelope and folding it in two.

The 10mm Delos is a superb eyepiece and I am sure you will think the same, I know you will but ensure your scope has really been given chance to temperature adjust, it makes all the difference.

Alan.

Pig,

Even with the 10mm I don't see you can go wrong, the only real issue being seeing. I would have thought at X230 though your were in the safe zone for most of the time. I had X360 on my 115mm refractor the other night and that was almost useable, for me that is really stretching the envelope and folding it in two.

The 10mm Delos is a superb eyepiece and I am sure you will think the same, I know you will but ensure your scope has really been given chance to temperature adjust, it makes all the difference.

Alan.

Thank you Alan

I will order one right away :-)

Geez, and only the other day I was labelled as being easily encouraged :D :D

Of course, it depends on whether you're being encouraged to do something you want to do, or not ;)

Its all positive encouragement :laugh: I had already made my mind up but I was just having trouble deciding on the 10 or 12mm :smiley: . The 34mm Maxivision was recommended by to me by Alan and its turned out to be a great buy.

I felt left out so I have ordered the 3.5mm Delos, I can't see there is going to be a better time to get one.

Pig. The good thing is the sale discount is on for 3 months so if you find you fall in love with the 10mm (and you will) you have a good time to save hard for a 12mm.

The 34mm was a really good eyepiece and almost as good as the Panoptic 35mm. I still have the 40mm Meade but it is rather big for many people. The one thing I am pleased with was the quality seems to be the same as the old Meade 5000 series, which was an unknown at first, when I was recommending them. I could have ended up looking rather silly.

Alan

I felt left out so I have ordered the 3.5mm Delos, I can't see there is going to be a better time to get one.

Pig. The good thing is the sale discount is on for 3 months so if you find you fall in love with the 10mm (and you will) you have a good time to save hard for a 12mm.

The 34mm was a really good eyepiece and almost as good as the Panoptic 35mm. I still have the 40mm Meade but it is rather big for many people. The one thing I am pleased with was the quality seems to be the same as the old Meade 5000 series, which was an unknown at first, when I was recommending them. I could have ended up looking rather silly.

Alan

I am already selling some unwanted items to help fund another one :smiley:

I am not sure what would be the best size to go for 12/14/17mm

The 34mm Maxivision turned out to be a great suggestion :smiley:

Pig,

I think I would have to go for the 14mm this will give you about X164. This will be a great Globular Clusters eyepiece and very good for Jupiter and indeed Saturn if the conditions are not playing ball. My honest opinion is that the 12mm though very nice will be just a little too close to the 10mm, the former would be a nice addition at a later date, when there is another sale.

I have the 14mm myself but don't have a scope in the 2300mm area, though I have tried it on my 2700,mm Mak and it is absolutely wonderfull. It, like all the range I have come into contact with, really delivers in buckets.

Which ever you choose it is not going to be a bad choice, I am just trying to think of what will be the most use to you. I have heard from one site member that the 17.3 is the best of all of them but I don't think he has more than two so I guess he is very happy with it. I have not had dealings with the 8mm 12mm and 17.3 and of course the 3.5mm yet. I bet they are all top of the pops though.

Alan.

Archived