Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Deep Sky Stacker recognises stars but won't stack??

Hi all,

I'm trying my hand at imaging for the first time since getting a decent camera - starting off with widefield. I've followed the very good instructional post on here, but I've got problems when it comes to Deep Sky Stacker. The first couple of times it would only stack one image, but that was because it wasn't recognising any stars, which I fixed and got an OK image out of it eventually.

I'm totally stumped on this one though - DSS seems to recognising stars OK in all 10 of the light images I've got from about a week ago, but it still wants to only stack one image. I'm at a loss as to why it's not working - the images are better than my previous attempt so I wouldn't have thought that there would be any problems like there were previously. I've attached one of the images below (the other 9 are exactly the same). Can you let me know what is wrong with it and why DSS would only be stacking one of the images please?? Could it be that they seem slightly out of focus? Is there any way to fix this in post processing to get it to work in DSS??

Thanks

Jim

post-10776-0-42642200-1371221177_thumb.j

After registering the images make sure they all have a tick then click stack checked images.

I had a similar problem a while back because DSS was set to stack the top 20% or something,

HTH

cheers jamie

Hi Jim.

Good advice above,but definately check,DSS has enough stars to Register.

After checking the boxes,click on Register,when the box opens click on( Advanced).Then click on compute number of stars.If the total is below say 10,then adjust the slider to-wards the start,that will increase the number detected.Then run again.You are loking for around 50stars +.

Of course if you have done all this,accept my apologies.

Hope you find the solution.

Mick.

Archived