Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pelican in HST - WIP

Dave Smith

This badly needs some more data, hence WIP.

Taken last night, just 50 minutes each Ha, OIII and SII in 10 minute subs using an Atik 460EX on a Megrez 90 with 0.8x FR

Even though I used Annie's action for the Hubble palette I found this quite difficult to get something that I liked.

Pelican-HST-03.jpg

Dave

Thank you Francis, Gina and Jack.

@Gina - I have seen the full size version and also know how much noise reduction has been applied to make this size presentable which gives me the advantage of knowing what it is really like. :wink:

Dave

Thank you all for your encouraging comments - much appreciated.

You are doing really well Dave, you seem to have got the hang of hubble palette!!

Fay

No Fay, I don't have the hang of the hubble palette - that is why I'm using Annie's hubble palette action. I haven't grasped what all the "selective colour" in Photoshop does so have taken the easy way out.

Dave

Have you used the bf-astro guide for hubble format pics?

Its all ive ever used, but there is always a bit of tinkering involved. With the pelican, I found myself having to throttle back on the Cyan, as it can become a little garish after the second round of selective colour on Cyan.

It should clean up nicely once you get a couple of hours per channel in, nice work.

Yes Rob, I have. This one I think you mean http://bf-astro.com/hubbleP.htm

But I did find it a bit like following a recipe and as Annie's actions get me there quicker I've given it a go. I may well revert later with more experience.

It doesn't look as if I will be getting the extra data soon as the weather just isn't promising. Thanks for the tip.

Dave

Thanks Coco.

@Gina In CS2 it is under image - afdjustments - then selective colour

Dave

Found it!! Yes, it IS there - must be going blind in my old age! :D More like not seeing really. Do you know I studied all the menu items many times and couldn't see it. I have the same trouble when I'm looking for "real" items - they turn up exactly where I've looked before! :(

Of course, when looking at mono images, it's greyed out.

Thank you Dave :)

Found it!! Yes, it IS there - must be going blind in my old age! :D More like not seeing really. Do you know I studied all the menu items many times and couldn't see it. I have the same trouble when I'm looking for "real" items - they turn up exactly where I've looked before! :(

Of course, when looking at mono images, it's greyed out.

Thank you Dave :)

Yep, been there, done that many times. One similar thing that I have a problem with, possibly when I was answering you, is opening up PS to find out where a particular command is to find I cannot progress until an image is opened.

Dave

@WaveSoarer - thanks for your comment.

Dave

Archived