SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show & Tell or just a get together?

Blazar

Guys,

Thought I would post this as I have not really meet any of you yet.I am fairly New to the whole astronomy scene andalthough this forum and websites are fine,I still don't think you can beat talking to people face to face. I am thinking about next steps along the scope front, and think I could benefit from viewing some different options.

So whilst the weather is shocking, would it be possible to have a meet up and just go through what people have as well as what people want to view in terms of targets if the weather ever clears?

think we have already posted pics of new gear (my TALs included) etc, but would be good to get a first hand view.if not then it will have to be a pub, and just talk stuff over with the aid of photos!

cheers

Hi Steve,

I would offer to meet up with you as your only the next town from me but I'm about to start a new job in Oxfordshire which means I will only be about at weekends to see the kids. With that in mind I will most likely have to put this hobby to one side for a while so any meet up for me will probably have to wait until the new year when this contract ends.

At least then the nights will be long so a meet up could hopefully coincide with good seeing.

Al

Al, thanks for that. Completely understand regarding work and kids. Will look forward to next year, though may have the new scope by then(so youcan advise on where I am going wrong!)

Gary, would like to meet up.well being some of the photos etc I have been messing around with.could do with a list of where people are based! Think we have a few in Southend, and I thought you were basildon / billercay way. I can get pretty much anywhere so just arrange somethin between us and then send an invite out to everyone else.Might just be me an you though! If anyone wants to add me on Facebook then just look for Stephen C Curling.then we could setup a small cloud Dodgers page to share pics etc and put calenderstuff in for meets. Just a thought. If anyone wants my mobile number to sort stuff out let me know.

Sorry Mate, just seen your mail. had to go to Leeds yesterday for work, so got back late last night and was knackered. Need to load up some more of my Afocal images. have done a lot more, before all this recent cloud.

will ping you a notr Gary re where you are based etc. did not know there was a Castle Point astro group!

Archived