Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello

CedricTheBrave

Hi Cedric

We're more of an informal group of people who meet up to observe, rather than a club with a website and regular meetings.

We usually meet just outside Dorking, after dusk, whenever people are available and the skies are clear.

As James said. We kinda just wing it :D

There's not been too much activity of late though due to the shocking weather and short nights. I believe a few of us are busy working on other projects in the evenings too.

We are fast approaching the longest day.after that nights will be getting longer and there will be more time to observe.

Welcome to SGL Cedric, no formal website, although members often meet up at different locations. Many also belong to local astro groups where events etc. are organised, and the details often shared with others on the forum. Starting to get some clear nights at last so thing are looking up! - Phil

BTW we use a dark sky site near Bignor on nights near the new moon. Our regular meeting place is central in Surrey for convenience for all, not so much for dark skies, just somewhere we can all get together, chat, and observe.

More chat and coffee usually :)

Seriously missing you guys of late but the sky has been totally naff of late. Recently its still light at almost midnight :(

I have been keeping a log this year of when its cloudy etc and it makes truly depressing reading, mostly cloudy, when its not cloudy its a full moon. Of late its been clear and moonless but too light.

In part I have dropped astro now as a hobby and most of my time is spent with rockets.

In part I have dropped astro now as a hobby and most of my time is spent with rockets.

I'm sad to hear that.

I've managed to get quite a few good nights in this year, but as has already been said for the last month or two it has been getting dark too late. Roll on autumn! :grin:

Archived