Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

focuser grip

I have a similar problem to this. I'm thinking of re-attaching the rubber with some thin double sided tape. Alternatively a strip cut to fit from a black rubber tyre could be used (fashioned with a modelling knife) - or find a wide, black, rubber band from somewhere? Hth :)

You could try this from Screwfix

< a id="product_image_ref" href="#" rel="nofollow">< img id="product_image" src="http://s7g3.scene7.com/is/image/ae235/?$p$&wid=281&hei=281&op_sharpen=1&layer=0&size=281,281&layer=1&size=281,281&src=ae235/87717_P" alt="Self-Amalgamating Rubber Tape Black 19mm x 10m" width="281px" height="281px" title="Self-Amalgamating Rubber Tape Black 19mm x 10m" itemprop="image"/>< /a>

Self-Amalgamating Rubber Tape Black 19mm x 10m

Product Code: 87717

Another alternative is to use o-rings... obtainable from most good hardware stores or garages.

Get 3 or 4 with an inside dia just a little smaller than the OD of your focuser knob and stretch them over it.

Several fitted side by side will give a good grip and are easily replaced when/if necessary.

Hope this helps.

Take an old inner-tube and cut a ring from it and use that.

I did that. I used an old bicycle inner tube. I cut it fractionally oversize and then it formed a snug and neat fit between the two risen rims. It worked a treat :smiley:

I did that. I used an old bicycle inner tube. I cut it fractionally oversize and then it formed a snug and neat fit between the two risen rims. It worked a treat :smiley:

One of the multiple uses for old inner-tubes. Plus they last much longer than the rubber that comes with the scope. :)

Another vote for a series of "O" rings, they give a nice finish and grip to the wheel, while you are at it I would be tempted to replace both as Chinese rubber, if that is what it is called, does not seem to last long before it perishes anyway :)

Archived