Another cold summer night

JamesF

Just come in for a few minutes to warm up having kicked off a capture run on my next target. Damn me, but it's cold out there! This time last year I was pretty much out in shorts and a t-shirt. This year I look like I'm on an expedition to the arctic!

Fighting tiredness doesn't help. It's been a long weekend. Always good to kick off Monday morning feeling like you've done something with the weekend though.

Can't deny I'm not a little relieved to see a patch of cloudy weather turning up this week. After something like six 2am+ nights out of seven I'm desperately short of beauty sleep and I do so need it. I'm definitely starting to feel a little delirious, too.

Not that I am complaining, you understand. I would be very pleased if the nights were guaranteed to be clear every day for the next three months. Partly because it would mean I could take a night off, sure...

James

Got all nicely set up, great views of Saturn. Praising the accuracy of "Scope nights" and weather forecasters, when whoosh loads of cloud.

Who ordered that ?! A rare night to finish before midnight, just couldn't sleep. Never mind the twilight we need

clear skies,

Nick.

I hade Friday and saturday break, mainly because of the skies, but last night was actually surpisingly good, the latest one I had yet, up till 2:30, and gave me as a present my first view of M27. it takes a bit of time before I have enough garden clearance to see on that side, it was worth the wait. I few clouds are welcome now, wouldn't hurt the garden either and give me my much needed sleep :) luckily no work today, should be a bit of DIY according to the plan ... allegedly, not done too much so far :D

Same here. Even though its lovely here tonight, I've given myself the night off having stayed up until 2am + for the last four nights on the trot and I am now actually knackered.

Worth it though, and we will be glad we did when the rain comes back and doesn't give us clear skies for the next month!

Archived