SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

3 New Globs

andrew63

In spite of the light nights - it was a clear and transparent has a good 90 min from 11 to 12.30 with IIS a bright pass at 11.30. Been looking in southern Ophiuchus for in few days although clear, too much of that haze/glow. M107 was not to forthcoming - the merest of hint but not conclusive.

M9 was quite obvious - bright and condensed at 44x. Went back to M107 and with the sky slightly darker it was their but a challenge, lager and more diffuse i'm sure if the sky conditions were not as good it would have not immerged from the background sky.

With Antares rising hopped up to M80 which was a bright target - similar in appearance to M9 only a larger ball. Just before turning in with ursa major ridding high had a look for m101 was i could see nice and clear - so conditions were indeed transparent and good to see some DSO even in the heart of a summer night !

andrew

I thought M80 was lovely - bright like a jewel and in a nice rich field - not sure how well it resolves with large aperture? M107 was most unlike a globular though - more like the glow of a faint galaxy to me and very difficult to observe.

andrew

Archived