Banner.jpg.692da9ed9af2eace53e1dc94cfc0e912.jpg

saturn at 376x

faulksy

if your not viewing Saturn at the moment why not, the air stability tonight is the best I have ever seen, read a few reports in the week about steady skies but I didn't believe it till now. first ep was my 12.5 bgo and the planet was just still no boiling at all a ring and crep ring easily visible, next up my 9mm bgo same again but could see more detail in the planet itself banding around it then tried my 8mm ts h-r equaly as good as the 9mm bgo but slightly bigger could still see cassini around the full body of the planet but no crep ring then I tried something mad and barlowed my 12.5 I could still see the cassini but not around the full planet but certainly visible in other areas, cant belive it(said in a victor meldrew voice) just wish I had a smaller fl bgo. any way back out for some more

I have never used that much power before apart from on the moon, used similar on mars a few years ago but never since, would be nice to see Jupiter that up close

• Like 1