Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NLC visible, Germany, Scotland, N.Ireland

Ptarmigan

Shame, simply fab day here too. Got some great views of Saturn, sat down on the comfy recliner for a minute and woke up a few mins ago, tidied up and giving up. Nice clouds, if that's not heresy!

& rained tonight not long after the BBQ was lit!!

That sounds about right!

I was driving north on the M6, distracted me enough that I missed my junction!

well done !

That's a long road, I used to drive it from Brum to Carlisle (ex Plymouth), where were you ?How far south was it visible? what junction ??

Subsided on the Hamcam now.

Still cloudy, think I'll go to bed (up since 5am !), why do we do this ? :)

That sounds about right!

well done !

That's a long road, I used to drive it from Brum to Carlisle (ex Plymouth), where were you ?How far south was it visible? what junction ??

Subsided on the Hamcam now.

Still cloudy, think I'll go to bed (up since 5am !), why do we do this ? :)

Visible from south of Stoke to Knutsford then LP trashed things, they gave a spooky glow.

Visible from south of Stoke to Knutsford then LP trashed things, they gave a spooky glow.

Thanks, interesting, quite well south then.

Might have been a chance down here,

only ever seen it once 2011.

Clouds beginning to part, but web cams show declining activity,

oh what a dilemma when bed calls !

There was a nice display as I drove back to Frome this morning, the clouds cleared to reveal it at about 0230, never seen it as good as the first time I saw it about 5 or 6 years ago before I even knew what it was. Whole of the northern sky was lit up from midnight to sunrise and people were ringing up the radio asking what the heck was going on. Only way I can describe it is it was like a massive waterfall in the sky, stunning.

Archived