My First Televue

1parsec

Nice :)

I hope your wallet is sufficiently fat for the slippery path you've just embarked upon. :D

The road to green and black is full of destitute astronomers with inane grins upon their faces. Happy.......yes, poor........you betcha :D

happy viewing.

With the discount on Delos I couldn't hold off joining the Televue club any more.

Just need some clear nights to put this one through its paces. I'm happy already :smiley:

Dave

very nice and welcome, I have just joined

I hope your wallet is sufficiently fat for the slippery path you've just embarked upon. :D

The road to green and black is full of destitute astronomers with inane grins upon their faces. Happy.......yes, poor........you betcha :D

happy viewing.

love your new avatar steve

Yup, I think TAS got me, the incurable Televue Acquisition Syndrome !

Is there no hope for me ? :wink:

Now which Delos next ? 6mm or 14mm ?

...er did you not see my post?..thats your higher power sorted..

Fantastic purchase, Parsec and I think you're going to love it :smiley: I have no idea of your skies, but over 200x doesn't get a great deal of use around where I live, so I wonder if the 6mm (giving you something like 260x - I think) wouldn't be pushing it a little for general nights of viewing. If it were me, I'd probably go for the 14mm which would be lovely on globs, galaxies etc.

Fantastic purchase, Parsec and I think you're going to love it :smiley: I have no idea of your skies, but over 200x doesn't get a great deal of use around where I live, so I wonder if the 6mm (giving you something like 260x - I think) wouldn't be pushing it a little for general nights of viewing. If it were me, I'd probably go for the 14mm which would be lovely on globs, galaxies etc.

Hi Qualia. I've used up to 250x on the planets and moon on good nights to good effect so the 6mm would be the shortest I want

to use on the 10". I also have a 5" refractor about 800mm FL so the 6mmwould get used more on that.

and with the 14mm that would give you..14,10,7,5mm..powermates are fantastic,honestly!

Hi Eastwing,

I agree, a x2 powermate should be in every eyepiece box.

I borrowed a powermate ages ago and promised myself to get one then. I got some great images on the moon with it but had to give it back !!!

Will have to save even harder .

BTW, I was just watching the F1 qualifying and the cars were running imtermediate tyres. They have a black body with green identification markings :grin:

Dave.

That looks nice 1parsec :)

happy viewing.

with regard to the whole buying eyepieces, often aperture disease is mentioned in astronomy, but reading this part of the forum quite a bit as to what to embark on next, me thinks there is worse disease in this hobby, I'll call it eyepiecitis :D

:D I guess there must a whole convention for this ? If I end up with too many dobs of various sizes in time which I fear might happen I guess I'll become a Dobaholic, ah well, there are far worse things that could happen in life I guess :)

Congratulations on the 10mm :smiley:

I find 6mm an indispensable focal length with my Orion Optics 12" F/5.3 which has a similar focal length to your 10".

I agree 100% if you can find some extra cash while this sale is on, there are a whole load of things you could do worse than buying a 6mm Delo. Mine sadly got squashed under an APO, but I like the 10mm could see myself getting another they are just very good at everything, must try it ironing my shirts.

Alan

Archived