SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

!!! Sky-watcher HELP !!!

Hi there All long time since I have been here so very busy, But have a big help question and hope you can help, and if it's a stupid one sorry... here goes..

I have a sky-watcher D=120mm F=1000mm and takes 2" eyepieces, I have a converter so I can use my 1.25" eyepieces. I Took it out to set up as I have two scopes on my mount get them facing in the right direction and I can get no focus on my sky-watcher I have tried on close too tree's and objects that are ver a mile away ( live out in the countryside ) the only way I can get it to come into focus is to take the eyepiece out the holder and hold it by hand about an inch and a half away with the focus travel fully out.. all the eyepieces work in the other scope so it's not them...

I have tried it with the cover on the end restricting light in and still not improvement, and it's really really frustrating me now. would it be anything to do with having to have 2" eyepieces that's the only other thing I could think of..

Hope someone can put some light on the situation

Thanks stu

Try diagonal in with 2 inch eyepiece aim a mile away then start at full out and rak in slowly. You may have go from not enough out without diag to to much with.

Hi Stu, has it worked before and now stopped working ... or has it never worked ?

Have you got all the bits on it ... typical one is maybe an adaptor / extender missing...

post a piccie of it maybe ?

Good luck and don't panic ! it's not dark yet

Hi no it's the first time I have managed to have the time at last too start using it. I have some pics in my Album of it when I first got it. all the bits seem t be there..

The lenses all seem perfect, well they must be because as i say I can get a crystal sharp image if I hold it away..

And I have no 2" eyepieces to use :( yet.

No it was second hand when I purchased, And no can't get any focus full stop, without holding the eyepiece up and away from the holder, I have ordered the it Tinker said about, as that does seem right as it will hold it where my hand was holding it.. Thanks for all the input guys super help, I was starting to think so many things you confuse your self bad.. will let you all know if it works ...

It sounds like its maybe missing the Skywatcher adapter. The older ones need a 2" to 1.25" adapter which is quite long. There is also a 2" adapter whicj raises the focus tube a bit.

Mots stuff has a 2" EP hole with an adapter thats basically flat. Older Skywatchers have a focus tube onto which you have to put either the 2" adapter or the 1.25" adapter. The 1.25" one is quite long - about an inch from memory. Perhaps is someone has one of these they could post a pic up to help out.

It sounds like thats your problem.

Hi just an update, I received the extension tube for the scope yesterday, fitted it on and done a test run and all is now well i have perfect focus on objects.

Thanks again to all that helped me on this, such a small bit making such a difference, now I can get back to imaging

Archived