SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Nottingham Astronomical Society

seven_legs

hello everyone:)

i used to go to Nottingham Astronomical Society years ago as a kid and now i am back into astronomy and got a nice 10" dob, i wanted to join or go to the meetings. but now they have moved out of the city to Keyworth for some reason, which is ok if you drive but i don't and i don't fancy catching two buses, taking about an hour to get there. just wondered if there is any other astro grounps in notts that anyone knew of? or if anyone lives near new basford and fancy giving me a lift..( sorry thats really cheeky lol ).

anyway clear skies

Oh right yeh not far from me, im just off Perry road near Sainsburys. Seeing is pretty bad round here! I did plan on going along sometime but so far i havn't made it. Like you said its a bit difficult if you dont have a car.

Hi both and a warm welcome to SGL. :)

We run a thriving astro club covering Notts, Derby, Leics, and Lincs and have regular observing sessions at our two dark sites in Belper and Wymeswold (both of which have warm rooms and facilities). You'd be very welcome to join us for a meeting and I'm sure we have members near both of you who would be happy to offer a lift.

We organise the meetings through our dedicated local website - just click the "EMS" link in my signature for details and leave an intro in the welcome section so the folks will say hi. Hope to see you at a dark site soon. :)

Yes I've heard Surprise View is good - we can't compete with that. Our two dark sites are at least better than in the city though and most of our members are within half an hour of one of them. You're welcome to come down to a session and suss it out :)

The light lights put the kibosh on things a little this time of year or else I would be there too Kim! And last winter was a total wash out astro wise. Looking forward to coming down to Wymeswold again.

Steve - Radcliffe On Trent

Archived