Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Power input help

Following on from a previous thread, I believe I need an external power source for my Celestron 6se. Now I have brought a jump start power pack from maplin http://mobile.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=383992

Now I need a lead to connect it to the telescope. Has anyone used one of these before or can advise if it is suitable? http://mobile.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=228639

Now I know most of you will tell me to order a celestron one, however I need to try the telescope ASAP to determine if it is faulty to stand a chance of getting my money back. So if anyone can suggest a lead or shop that sells them off the shelf that would be brilliant.

The jump starter has a 12v output and from reading here and other reveiws people have used them ok. As for the lead, I don't want it to boost or change the output, just can find one like the link. It's reads on the lead that the input is 12v in and 12v 3a out. Would this setup not work?

Tried this setup last night. Seemed to work well, veiwed for 2 hours and the pack still showed almost fully charged. Although must agree it did work out at £60 which I'm sure a power tank could be brought for.

I have the same power tank, the lead that comes with it for charging the tank from a car cigarette lighter socket is 2.1mm tip positive,

So all you need to do is plug that into the tanks cigar lighter socket, and the other end into your telescopes power socket, be aware though there is no fuse in the plug on the supplied lead,

Archived