ISS unclose-up

I had the same thing happen to me in the early hours of Sunday morning while capturing some subs of M27 James although there was no friend with it, still a cracking shot & it's always an awesome sight seeing it go over.

705318_10151506579908434_647775758_o.jpg

Definitely James but seeing it going over twice during one night was a real treat for me, & being at a dark site with good unobstructed views we were able to see it going over for what seemed ages too. I can't wait to get out there again.

When I got to the dark site a couple of other guys turned up & set their scopes & we got talking about the ISS & one of them said that they'd never seen it before so it was a real treat for them when it came over for the first time. Shame they went at just after 1:00 as they missed the second pass later on. It seemed to have seen it in the sky for a lot longer than usual so I'm guessing that's down to the time of year.

Managed to hand track it lastnight with my 200p with the hyperion zoom at 8mm as it shot over the zenith... The detail was astounding! Saw 2-3 central sections with another 3-4 sticking out each side. I always figured it'd be just a blob, at the most an H shaped blob, but it was a clear 3 dimensional object. Blew my mind. :)

Gah! Twice in two days! They're out to get me! And this one was really tight, too. The entire frame only represents something like 0.8 degrees by 0.5 degrees.

iss2.png

James

at a dark site myself last night and I seen it twice I was very high in the mountains so very good view point, an idea of how high I was I could see the Andromeda galaxy, the second time it was coming from the west and it was a lot brighter than the first pass

I was outside letting the dogs out just now, and saw it again even though I wasn't expecting it (the gnats are a real pain here at the moment). It was probably the brightest I've ever seen it so far, as close as I've ever seen it to the Zenith too! It's always a treat!

Archived