Narrowband

Some new glass (got carried away)

Ok so I was in the market for a couple of ep's but I really shouldn't buy things when I have had a few ciders, i do kinda regret it but I don't. :grin:

Actually in actual terms I got this lot for around half price due to cash coming in from other sources that I either sold stuff to give towards the EP's or I forgot I was owed money for stuff i had already sold, hehe :tongue: (actually sold an un-needed/wanted smart phone as well).

Anyway, keep me away forom online shops for goodness sake, especially when I am having a beer or two.

post-26735-0-21928300-1370360798_thumb.j

post-26735-0-11400900-1370360813_thumb.j

I was surprised by this last one as to just how big they are. Standard cheshire as a measure behind them!

post-26735-0-28220700-1370360829_thumb.j

Quality of all of them feels brilliant. I really don't know which ones will see most light but I am itching like mad to find out. Nearly bought a 6mm Radian but found a Delos at the right price and changed my mind.

I also managed to pick up a Celestron Ultima 2x barlow for a snip of a price, not sure how much use it will get on these bad boys but certainly worth having in your box at less than a third the price of a powermate and also might get odd use with my other 3 1.25 EP's (all hyperion).

Thats me done, no more ep's, bit, gadgets or anything, my life is complete in the world of astronomy :evil:

Steve

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A group of high power? Don't you need any middle power (10-20mm)?:huh:

Jon.

=======================================

SW 12" dob f/4.9 - Plossl 25mm, 10mm 1.25".

Where's the Paracorr? :evil:

haha, very good. Actually i do have a baader mpcc but it will only be seeing limited use now with the hyperions i think.

Looking forward to using new ep's on globulars without it.

Very nice eyepieces Steve :smiley:

haha, very good. Actually i do have a baader mpcc but it will only be seeing limited use now with the hyperions i think.

Looking forward to using new ep's on globulars without it.

A coma corrector is a bit wasted on the Hyperions in fast newtonians as they (the Hyperions) generate astigmatism which the CC won't fix.

Your new toys should be sharp enough to show the coma that the scope produces - hence the need for a CC :smiley:

I can't

Actually in actual terms I got this lot for around half price due to cash coming in from other sources that I either sold stuff to give towards the EP's or I forgot I was owed money for stuff i had already sold, hehe :tongue: (actually sold an un-needed/wanted smart phone as well).

Haha...love the logic although I'm not sure that selling something to raise half the money makes it half price.... i could be wrong though

Liking the ep's btw

I realise the XWs are also the bee's knees but aesthetically the look, weight, feel and glass of those Delos EPs just do it for me. I think you're going to have a wonderful time and it would be really interesting to hear your own opinions about these two types of EPs which are more or less around the same focal length and perhaps, more or less, aiming for a similar type of market. Finger's crossed you get some decent weather.

If I understand Qualia and alan potts correctly when they said the delos were slightly better they really meant that the pentax were vastly inferior but were being polite. now as we are such good friends (although we have never met or indeed spoken) I feel in the name of friendship I should protect you from the disappointment of inferior optics and perhaps as friends offer you a token payment of say my soul. :smiley: I hope you enjoy your eyepieces steve all of them are seriously good in any telescope although they would shine even better in a nice short apo like mine (see what i did there)

You can't beat a bit of drunken green and black buying, I did the same the other day although fortunately it was only a plossl for £50 so no need for the bank manager to have a heart attack, not really sure what I'm going to do with a 15mm TV plossl. Oh well.

hahaha, some fun replies there guys and some welcome appraisals. Its such a very good job swmbo has no idea about such things. The wedding next year might be paid for but it could end up in jeopardy if she knew the truth, hah :wink:

Anyhow, just gave them all a very quick first light but in a rather cheap scope on Saturn and not worthy of a write up, but the results were pleasing.

Clear skies all, bring on Thursday

Steve

hahaha, some fun replies there guys and some welcome appraisals. Its such a very good job swmbo has no idea about such things. The wedding next year might be paid for but it could end up in jeopardy if she knew the truth, hah :wink:

Anyhow, just gave them all a very quick first light but in a rather cheap scope on Saturn and not worthy of a write up, but the results were pleasing.

Clear skies all, bring on Thursday

Steve

if you were going all the way to saturn why take a cheap scope oh yeah I forgot. You spent all your money on eyepieces

I have tried the delos 8 and pentax 7 but viewing conditions werent perfect. However have to say that views of m81,82 & m13 through either were fantastic. Clear from edge to edge and focusing seemed so easy compared to using the hyperions. I know i am not going to regret the purxhase one bit.

Just on m13, the clarity was amazing and the number of stars clearly showing was beyond anything i had previously seen. Through the 7mm it left about 15% of the tfov black and the the diamond sprinkling of stars filled the centre, beautiful.

I have tried the delos 8 and pentax 7 but viewing conditions werent perfect. However have to say that views of m81,82 & m13 through either were fantastic. Clear from edge to edge and focusing seemed so easy compared to using the hyperions. I know i am not going to regret the purxhase one bit.

Just on m13, the clarity was amazing and the number of stars clearly showing was beyond anything i had previously seen. Through the 7mm it left about 15% of the tfov black and the the diamond sprinkling of stars filled the centre, beautiful.

I am considering a 7mm xw as that would give me 170x which is my most used high mag with the odd exception. Can you notice any difference in colour between the tv's and the pentax.

Archived