Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Solar prominence imaging from live view to final timelapse

AstroWolvy

Here my last video. You can watch at the evolution of a solar image through several stages of processing, from what you usually see in the telescope up to what you find in the final image.

The effect of seeing of the first clip is evident and even if there are few moments where you can understand the structure and details, they are ususally blured by turbolence; in the frames stacking you already notice a superior quality, no noise or turbolence, while in the wavelet stage you can finally discover the inner details normally not visible. The last animation is the final work, colored and tuned to show better.

I used as subject a close up portion of the Sun of 26 May with the evolution of a huge prominence during an hour of observation. Images taken with a 100 ed refractor using a Daystar h-alpha filter at a focal of 2000mm.

Hope you enjoy it and will follow my channel. :)

Follow YouTube Channel

Beside the animation I love this adjustable "iris" on scope's front at the end of the video.

Me too. That looked very nice. I'd not want it causing diffraction spikes though.

James

Absolutely stunning Paolo. To be able to see that amount of material moving through the prom and then see it at the various stages from capture to final image is just so fantastic. Those Daystar filters look so good, one is on my wish list.

Robin

Archived