Saturn 3rd june 13

si@nite

Nice steady seeing but only managed a couple of runs before the clouds moved in, sods law lol, probably my last with the dfk as im moving over to mono imaging from now on so a steep learning curve for me!

Thanks for looking.

post-16599-0-57464800-1370307272_thumb.p

post-16599-0-64314200-1370307284_thumb.p

post-16599-0-76912700-1370307385_thumb.p

Very nice Simon, those osc cams are good but you will be glad when you start getting into mono.

Do you aim to a Saturn with mono before its too late ? What cam will you be getting ?

Really nice & clear tonight & managed to get 1 RGB run as well.

Very nice Simon, those osc cams are good but you will be glad when you start getting into mono.

Do you aim to a Saturn with mono before its too late ? What cam will you be getting ?

Really nice & clear tonight & managed to get 1 RGB run as well.

Thanks Ewan, yea hope to have another crack at Saturn with the new set up, if I can get to grips with the filter wheel lol!

Ive gone down the dmk21au618 route, boy as it been an expensive change over!

Filter wheel & filters in the bag already ?, it is a bit dearer but pennies well spent, im dreading parting with funds for a frac & an Atik of some descript this year.

You may get first light this week then Simon so keep us posted & enjoy yoyrself.

Simon,

That's a cracking set of images - I'd give my hind teeth to get nearer to that quality! I'm sure you'll enjoy the learning curve with mono and filters, though initially a bit slower and unweildy to start with - no doubts you will find even more detail/resolution with the C925.

Lots of fine detail Simon, another good set. I wish I could get something as good especially as I have similar gear. It cleared about 11pm here so had a go until 1am when the seeing detoriated, still processing the results.

Robin

Thanks Michael hope the seeing picks up for you soon! Thanks Jake your last set were good too! Thanks Robin!

Very nice images Simon. Do you use a Barlow with the C9.25 ? Trevor

Yes Trevor I used a 4x, the images are actual scale!

You have done it again Simon, yet more excellent images of Saturn. I am still struggling to get even half way to the clarity that you achieve in your images, but I will persevere and I will get there eventually.

Thanks again Bryan.

Thanks Stuart yes ive resisted going down the mono route in the past but I think its the way to go to get that little extra data that osc cams cannot provide!

Thanks Michael E also!

Hi Simon:

Great shots...you have certainly mastered the fine tuned art of the dfk. I am thinking also of getting the dmk, filter wheel and set of filters.....think the lot will be about $900.00 here. Maybe I will have it in time for Jupiter(?)

Cheers

Roger

This as to be your best image of saturn with the dfk so far Simon, lots of lovely detail showing. wise move going over to mono!

Thanks Martyn maybe dso work some day, only kidding lol :grin: also thanks Roger!

Beautifully crisp images Simon. There may be a chance to image Saturn again this weekend and I will try and emulate your superb results at F40. Are you at max gain, as I've looked at F40 Saturn in the past and thought that it was just too dim?

Beautifully crisp images Simon. There may be a chance to image Saturn again this weekend and I will try and emulate your superb results at F40. Are you at max gain, as I've looked at F40 Saturn in the past and thought that it was just too dim?

Thanks Alan, Gain was around 950-15fps so not maxed out, also the 4x powermate seems to give a nice on screen image very similar scale to the 3x tv barlow! Thanks also Pete, lets hope the pennies are well spent!

Archived