Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lagoon Neb and Markarian's Chain

Astrosurf

These are what I took Saturday night to Sunday morning with my Megrez. The problem with summer is the sky stays light! the Chain was taken before 12pm so was getting very washed-out if I took subs of more than 180 secs, at ISO 800. I only managed to get 11 lights and 11 darks. Taken with the unmodded 40D. Next time I'll get more lights, longer subs and with hopefully a darker sky!

The neb was taken with my modded 600D after midnight. The sky was still quite light and the neb was low on the horizon. I think it came out OK though. 19 subs at 180 secs, ISO 1600, getting lighter as dawn approached! 11 darks.

Both processed very simply, with PS.

Hope you like!

Alexxx

post-1704-0-58153100-1370241389_thumb.jp

post-1704-0-56211400-1370241466_thumb.jp

I'll have to say it again but thats "Alexcellent" :smiley:

The Lagoon looks as good as it did on the back of the camera and if I remember rightly you sounded pretty pleased when you saw it - lots of "[removed words]" were said :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Mel

Archived