SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Struggling to find M13

kris7125

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends a lot on your scope, your budget and what it is the you want to observe.

In my own experience I discovered a website that just set out the different types of Oculars available. But I discovered that after I had acquired a couple of EPs that i later found were less than ideal

In short, eyepiece can be very complex, with several lenses that aim to bring all the wavelengths of light the human eye can detect to the eye at the same time.

Cheers N. .

If the phone Apps in the UK are as good as the telephone systems here I doubt that it is even in the correct constellation. Use a star map to learn that part of the sky and then you will always know where it is, the only down side is if you have light polution the stars around M13 are rather difficult to see. I can see M13 in my skies, well most nights.

Good luck,

Alan.

The bsts are a bit like your 6mm 68deg fov eyepiece. Nicely made not too big and give a wider view than a basic plossl eyepiece. Not too expensive either..and very resalable on the second hand market when you want to upgrade.

mark

Archived