Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

Hi Guys,

Off late I had been trying to find ways to fire my DSLR from my laptop and downloaded a couple softwares. Yesterday i felt like doing astronomy while it was raining cats and dogs outside, so to make up for it I simply opened nebulosity v3 and found that my camera is listed. Additionally I found that it could be binned 2x2 and 1x1. I hope to make use of this feature after skies clear. Down here the southern milky way is quite high up in the sky during the summer months. Has anyone used the bin feature through any such software? Any advice would be good.

Thanks and Regards,

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tom Shinal
      Can Nebulosity and Ph.D operate simultaneously and share a single camera. Running Win 10.

• By alexbb
      Season greetings!
      Got my 80 Esprit around one week ago and yesterday was the first clear-ish night since. I came to my parents' for Christmas and here the skies are much better. I went to a hill nearby where our galaxy was visible. I had an EQ5 which I didn't polar align very well. I tried to start my RPi3, but it didn't connect to my mobile router so I had to forget about it. I was limited to 15s or 20s subs. The scope is quite heavy, heavier than I expected, it doesn't balance well with a Canon 550D attached. I had to tighten its dovetail towards its end as much as I could and the setup was still camera heavy a bit. Anyways. I left it to cool for maybe half an hour and it didn't reach thermal equilibrium perfectly. Focuser is very good, no slip with the DSLR and tightening it doesn't shift focus. No tilt either.
      I bought my scope from FLO and checked by Es.
      Here are some pictures taken through it, I only had the camera, no visual stuff.
      M45 is 151x15s: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CbAuNQCGkQPSsPB11UOBkye3Y8EnzNDL
      M42 is 14x20s: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dVgAxK8LQ4jXqPDlv2G0CVjV88UnsU9u
      M37 is 10x20s: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iITFwXffhGvAi4dUbE_qR9_9VQVJszPT
      All ISO1600. Darks and bias, no flats.
      Today are exactly 2 years since I took my first astrophoto. Quite some progress since then.
      Clear skies and happy new year!
      Alex

• By alexbb
      I really hope that I need a single more night to complete my belt to sword 4 panels mosaic in O3 so I can finally put the ASI1600 on my new Esprit 80.
      Meanwhile, I carried where I traveled last 2 weeks the EQ5, the Esprit and a Canon 550D. I also had a chance yesterday to shoot some images with the same setup from home, where the sky is light polluted.
      First image is a total of about 30 mins of 30s unguided exposures with some moon too, but under dark skies + about 30 mins of 90s exposures from home, guided. Some 10s exposures too for the core. Perhaps the focus was not always spot on, the scope is more sensitive than I expected and it shifts quite a lot due to temperature drop.
      Second image contains Ha and O3 data I'm collecting for the mosaic above mentioned, added in a rather small amount.
      Even if I need much more data and the result is far of what I want, I'm pretty pleased with my improvements in time. The third image was taken at Christmas, 2 years ago, at my first or second astrophoto sessions. 102/500 achromat on an Alt-Az mount.
      Clear skies!
      Alex

• By Adam J
      I dont normally image galaxies as I live in a Red / Yellow Zone and I find that its very difficult to achieve a pleasing result.
      However, I have been seeing lots of images from the ASI071mc and QHY168c cameras from highly light polluted locations achieving good quality with large numbers of short exposures so I decided to give it a go with my cooled 550D which according to 'sensor gen' has a lower read noise than either of the two pro cooled cameras when used at high ISO. As such this is very much an experiment for me as I would normally move away from 5 - 10 min exposures at ISO800.
      This is 230 x 120s exposures at ISO 3200, taken over three nights from my home observatory, 130PDS, Astronomic CLS clip, HEQ5 guided.
      1) 60 on 8/12/17
      2) 40 on 11/12/17
      3) 130 on 15/12/17
      Calibrated with FLATS only.
      As I dont normally image galaxies and so I am not very practiced at processing, this is my 5th go starting from scratch. I had to change quite allot of how I process from my normal emission nebula work flow. This is also my first use of Astro Pixel Processor as part of my 30 day trial. DSS was just not cutting it for this and I wanted something with a good tool to remove gradients.

Thanks allot for looking, any pointers / comments good or bad welcome.
      Adam.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.