SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi newbie from Weymouth

1hotspur

Hi everyone I have just purchased my first scope the sky-watcher 130m off e-bay. I have been out for a few hours the last couple of nights and was looking forward to going out tonight but unfortunately it's cloudy! The scope seems fine although I haven't really been able to find much yet although I am just starting to get a feel for the controls etc, without the motor, hopefully I have it set up correctly! I have always been fascinated by "what else is out there" and after doing some study with the OU (which I should be getting on with!) thought it would be interesting to combine the two. Once I get the hang of things I would like to try some astrophotography, but I think I have a lot to learn before that so be prepared for lot's of questions! Hopefully the clouds have now cleared and I might just get some viewing before bed! :shocked:

Hi and welcome to the lounge,

one part of this great hobby which can be so frustrating, the weather,

it certainly was here last night, patients is the key, wish I had more.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Hi Hotspur, welcome to the forum.

Where are you in Weymouth? I'm in Rodwell.

Hi Rob not too far from you then, I am on Portland Road just up from the holiday camp. Looks like it's going to be nice tonight!

Hi Rob not too far from you then, I am on Portland Road just up from the holiday camp. Looks like it's going to be nice tonight!

Hope you got a decent night's viewing....I'm working away at the moment and it's rainy where I am!!

Archived