sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Saturn 1st June

t_ilan_s

Hi all,

The seeing was good (as usual :grin:). Used Morvac and Magic Lantern to capture the video (Many thanks to Ewan for introducing me to Magic Lantern).

FPS was 29, took 8500 frames, 50% stacked in AS!2, Wavelet in Registax and final touches in PS.

Some details on Saturn are visible! :smiley:

post-26995-0-14770200-1370124000_thumb.j post-26995-0-65065600-1370124002_thumb.j

• Like 4

Stunning - thanks for sharing Ilan, still can't believe how much detail you are getting out of the 200P on Saturn - Stellarium is telling me that Saturns peaking around 46deg declination for you at the moment, which obviously helps but there's no arguing with the results you are getting from DSLR on this, running contrary to a lot of the perceived wisdom. Oh for a bit of that good seeing in these higher lattitudes ;) I assume you are capturing in full colour, are you using an ADC in you rig?

Wow!!!

i am so jealous of the quality of your images. And moons as well. Are the moons from an overexposed image merged with the Saturn image?

I bet you are very pleased with your results. I know I would be. Well done Ilan.

Many thanks Jake and Michel.

I assume you are capturing in full colour, are you using an ADC in you rig?

I'm not sure what ADS is... Can you explain what it is?

Wow!!!

i am so jealous of the quality of your images. And moons as well. Are the moons from an overexposed image merged with the Saturn image?

I bet you are very pleased with your results. I know I would be. Well done Ilan.

The moons are from overexposed processing in PS, I took only one image and Highlighted the moons that were visible.

I'm very pleased from the result indeed. :grin:

• Like 1

Excellent picture with some fantastic detail. Puts my xbox cam ones to shame.

Im curious as to what Morvac and Magic Lantern are as the only real reference I can find on google brings me back to this thread :D

Edited by Mattscar