Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

brief stargazing session

teleaddict

After promising my 8 year old daughter for weeks that she can have a look at Saturn through my scope, tonight she got her wish.

Following weeks of clouds, with the odd exception when I've been at work, the wait was certainly worth it. The look of her face was fantastic, and the way she said "wow" just can't be repeated.

In addition we also saw Titan for the first time. (A first for both of us).

In addition we also bagged 2 iridium flares, another first for her (and also my wife, who came out to see what all the excitement was about, only to miss the first one by seconds).

As my wife is busy facebooking her friends about it, I thought I'd share my half hour of viewing, whilst I try and think of a way to reassure my younger son he didn't miss anything (not) :wink:

That's fantastic!Being able to show kids the wonders of the sky is what it's all about.I'll never forget my young grand daughters face when she saw the orion nebula.I'm kinda like a kid when it comes to this hobby myself.

You will have to tell us when the unsubtle hints of "could you get me a scope as well dad?" start. :grin: :grin: :grin:

If they haven't already. :eek:

Sure she could managed an Evostar 90 quite easily, even a 102 within reason.

She could become a member of the TAL Owners Club. :rolleyes:

Never let it be said that an 8 year old girl cannot be determined as hell to get a scope to do what she wants.

Archived