Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

QHY8, have I boobed

myk68

Hi All

Now I hold my hands up and have to admit I didnt realize I was making a bid on ebay. I thought I was asking if they would accept £500 for the thing but I have so hay ho.

Any way my question is- is this a good price or have I just paid more than I should have for this camera.??

Mike

Assuming it's in full working condition, I'd say it was a good price. The last similar one that sold on ABS was a QHY8L and that had an asking price of £750.

sounds about right then.

Cheers for that steve. I cant find anything about a guide port on it anyone know if i can use it for guiding as well as imagining?

Hi Mike,

The good news is you have a quality ccd sensor, assuming it works.

If you google for images taken by the QHY8 you'll see what I mean.

In the past the QHY8 suffered from dewing of the front lens, if you

do suffer from this, don't dispair, contact Bern at Modern Astronomy and

purchase a modified nosepiece. I had to with my QHY8Pro and I

haven't had a problem since.

Again a great camera at a good price.

cheers

Steve

Cracking, it does have one column of pixels that are dark but this can be corrected for.

mike

The build quality of the QHY8 isn't the best by a long shot but you do get a lot of camera for the money and I've managed to get some decentish pics with mine despite my decidedly limited skills. I think QHY have learnt quite a bit over the last couple of years and it looks like the quality is getting better on their newer cameras.

Archived