Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2015 - SGL 10

daz

Will you plan on attending SGL 10?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. I will attend SGL10 and am looking forward to it already!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys cant we call this......

SGL X

Way cooler :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

We put this to a vote at SGL 9 and it was agreed unanimously. Okay, there were only 4 of us, but one of them was a mod so that makes it official right? :D;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Toxic the SGL star parties are held in Herefordshire usually in March. The venue is the Lucksall caravan and camping site - http://www.lucksallpark.co.uk/

At this stage I believe Daz is trying to gauge the likely numbers and we are trying to organise the 10th star party to coincide with the solar eclipse on the 20th March 2015.

The star party covers from beginners to experienced observers and astro photographers but it is mainly a friendly social event. Lucksall is a reasonable dark site.

Daz will give further details together with booking arrangements in due course.

• 3 weeks later...

Daz is trying to gauge the likely numbers and we are trying to organise the 10th star party to coincide with the solar eclipse on the 20th March 2015.

I just had a look at this site which gives details of the eclipse. It will be at maximum at around 09:33 in my neck of the woods so probably close to then in Herefordshire. Can anyone remember what time the sun rises from behind the hill at that time of year?

Archived