Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2015 - SGL 10

daz

Will you plan on attending SGL 10?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. I will attend SGL10 and am looking forward to it already!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mark,

The good news is that there is a New Moon on 20th March 2015!!!

The Moon Rise is at 06:03am.

The eclipse will be around 09:00am.

The sun rise will be at 06:05am so should clear the hill by 09:00am.

So because it s a New Moon the moon could be difficult to see, will the eclipse light up part of the Moon?

Could be interesting.

More important we will need to get the breakfast served early that day...........

Cheers

Adrian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I would  love to attend SGL 10  :smiley: would be my 1st SGL  and who knows I might even have some idea as to what I am doing by then :confused:

so a yes from me.

Any tips on what to take (other than the scope/mount/camera?? assuming I manage to get booked on it.

Regards

Hi all,

I would  love to attend SGL 10  :smiley: would be my 1st SGL  and who knows I might even have some idea as to what I am doing by then :confused:

so a yes from me.

Any tips on what to take (other than the scope/mount/camera?? assuming I manage to get booked on it.

Regards

apart from the usual scope items, a few good quality sleeping bags, it can get very cold that time of year, a tent heater is a must and a good bed, i use a blow up flocked air bed.

Hello Adrian hope you are keeping well.

The attached shows the exact arrangements for the partial eclipse on the 20th March. As you can see we will have about 87% cover at maximum so could be interesting.

More information will be forthcoming as we have a meeting next week to discuss the star party.

attachicon.gifeclipse.march2015.b..JPG

Hi Mark

Do you think we will get dates for next year after this meeting? i'd like to get the time booked off work ASAP before someone beats me too it

Hi Mark

Do you think we will get dates for next year after this meeting? i'd like to get the time booked off work ASAP before someone beats me too it

Appreciate your comment Alan about making arrangements for time off from work. I have formally raised the issue to get things started.

I can say that a great deal of work has taken place re viewing the eclipse so SGL10 has not been forgotten.

Hey guys any updates

I'm getting desperate now, i had the office manager pratlling onto me about the company offsite on the 24th of March and i am not missing SGLX to go and fill in flip charts and do role play...... :mad:  aaaarggghhhh!!!! Hate that stuff.

Archived