Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

martin_h

Flippin 'eck

"Measure twice and cut once" applies to more than a bit of timber................................oops

K7stack_stitch.png

• Like 10

Yes indeed :)

Now that's what I call ASTRO ART

The start of a new art culture the "missed a bit" revivalists. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Still a cracking image...

Steve

** snigger **

Done it myself many times :(

Cracking effort though mate, loving the contrast. What FOV are you using with this as I have been away from the forum for a bit and not kept track ?

A single frame is 3.11 x 2.35 deg. thats with the WO ZS71 and 0.8 reducer /QHY9 combination

Useless suggestion below, just for fun! :smiley: Great shot, still wonderful to look at. I missed a little chunk on the moon once. If anyone has a space station silhouette, please pm me!! :grin:

gallery_2875_2604_5109.jpg

Edited by Luke
  • Like 12

Fantastic Martin

Incredible detail.

Wish i had your skills.

Mick.

Super pic and I like what Luke has done, very inventive.

Welcome back Steve :)

Martin, too funny!

I think the tree or twig makes a very nice picture. I there were some more sky image to the left so that all the tree appeared in the picture + a tidy up round the edge and framed, I would consider that a masterpiece of art and a picture I would be happy to hang on my wall :) I know it's a montage but it makes a really lovely silouhette IMO - I love it :)

Are you dead sure you mismeasured? Maybe you didn't. It could be an effect of field curvature causing the split. Have you tried 'Registaring' the two panes either side of the widest part of the split? If they do overlap then this is all to do with curvature and the solution is to Registar all the panes onto a single widefield template, maybe taken in a camera lens.

If the split is real I can happily send you a patch for the upper part!

Olly

Still a stunner of a shot mate well done loving it :-)

Stunning details Martin,

Do you have a large version?

I like the idea with a tree;)

Mark

I hope Olly's right and they might actually "patch in" with Registar - I've had a few times when PS photomerge wouldn't work but ICE would... and also a couple of times when ICE wouldn't that Registar did, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you - I SO know that feeling when you throw all the panes into [whatever] only to find that the new pane(s) is not in the composite or there's a rogue isolated pane left in the corner :sad:.

Still... having said that... Great job with the tree and the zip ( :grin:) and if they don't "zip up" with Registar, then you've surely GOT to patch it in!

Welcome back Steve :)

Thanks Tim :) Good to be back and I hope to keep my hand in with astro and work commitments.

Are you dead sure you mismeasured? Maybe you didn't. It could be an effect of field curvature causing the split. Have you tried 'Registaring' the two panes either side of the widest part of the split? If they do overlap then this is all to do with curvature and the solution is to Registar all the panes onto a single widefield template, maybe taken in a camera lens.

If the split is real I can happily send you a patch for the upper part!

Olly

Yes its a real split, not enough overlap in the panels before it I expect, I'll just have to shoot some "filler" panels. Also I shot that last row from the top down, what I might do from now on is to shoot from bottom up, that way they might converge as i move up the frame.

Great image Martin, The tree is a wonderful addition but the zip is superb :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

When I do mosaics I tend to have the present image open in Registar and drop the first test framings of the next one onto it to check for fit.

Olly